Ladies, pack your bags and your cameras and come along on a spectacular women-only photography retreat in the Pacific Northwest. Spend five days capturing the unique history, charm, and diversity of downtown Spokane and the surrounding area. Not only will we capture the urban appeal, but we will also visit local parks to photograph waterfalls, the Spokane Falls, and Lake Coeur d’Alene.
During this workshop, Northern Arizona University instructor/photographer, Amy Horn will introduce fellow-women photographers to the local flair and outdoor landscapes as she instructs on capturing the city’s unique architecture, riverfront reflections, botanicals, lakeside scenery, and cultural environment. Having visited this Eastern Washington area often, Amy is very familiar with the best places to see, photograph, and be inspired.
Celebrating twelve years of women’s photo retreats, this Spokane adventure will continue to create a nurturing learning environment where friendships are fostered, and photography skills are mastered.
Join Amy in this exciting workshop in Spokane, Washington!
- Four nights of single-occupancy lodging
- Round trip transportation in Spokane
- Water, snacks, and a group meal
- Coeur d’Alene lake cruise
- Image critiques and instruction
- Permits and entrance fees
- Pre-workshop webinar
- Post-workshop critique
Note: If you plan on arriving in your own vehicle, there is a daily parking fee at the hotel.
Please be aware that the shooting locations stated in this itinerary may change. Each day we will determine which locations are best based on light and weather. We want to give you the best photo opportunities possible.
Day 1 – Wednesday, June 14, 2023
- Our workshop will begin with a meet and greet at the hotel at 5:00 pm.
- After introductions and a brief orientation, the group will head off to Riverfront Park to photograph Spokane Falls, the river, and Spokane’s Garland District at night.
- Return to the hotel
Day 2 – Thursday, June 15, 2023
- Our first full day will begin with an early start to Manitou Park to photograph fountains, reflections, and flowers.
- The group will grab brunch at the Park Bench Café before continuing on with the day’s activities.
- In Mid-morning we will shift gears to tour and photograph St. John’s Cathedral with its 1925 architecture and beautiful stained glass before returning to the hotel to swap out our gear.
- The group will head out to Coeur d’Alene, ID for a 90-minute lake cruise, early group dinner at Tony’s lakeside, and a sunset shoot.
- Return to hotel.
Day 3 – Friday, June 16, 2023
- We will begin our day with a sunrise at Spokane falls and along Riverfront park
- Then we will enjoy a late breakfast at Kendall Yards
- Following breakfast, the group will be given a few hours of downtime to wander the local area, download images, or just enjoy a rest (this will be a full day, so rest is advisable)
- Early afternoon we will reconvene for post-processing tips and a lesson on how to capture panoramas.
- Mid-afternoon, the group will head to Arbor Crest’s historic property for views of the city and the Spokane River
- Here we will enjoy an early dinner before continuing with our photo opportunities.
- After a bite to eat it is off to Palisades Park to wander through an open pine forest on a plateau of volcanic rim-rock overlooking the city where we will capture Spokane’s skyline at sunset. Time permitting, we may make a stop at Finch Arboretum on the way to photograph a small waterfall.
- Late evening we will return to downtown to capture Spokane neon at night.
Day 4 – Saturday, June 17, 2023
- Another early start to our morning for a sunrise shoot at Riverside State Park. Here we will focus on photographing the Bowl and Pitcher at water level and the suspension bridge.
- Before returning to the hotel for rest and time to download, we will grab a late breakfast.
- Early afternoon we will hold a round-robin photo feedback session
- Mid-afternoon, the group will walk along Riverfront Park capturing reflections and architecture of many historic buildings and residences.
- On our last evening, we will return to Riverside State Park to capture the changing light on the Bowl & Pitcher as well as the suspension bridge. Then back to Riverfront Park to photograph Spokane’s Pavilion and the Spokane Falls at night.
Day 5 – Sunday, June 18, 2023
- Our final morning will find us at Indian Canyon Mystic Falls for sunrise.
- Afterward, we will make a stop for breakfast on our way back to the hotel for download and checkout.
- Our last image critique will be held from 10:00-12:00 before we say our farewells.
- The workshop adjourns at noon.
Doubletree Inn by Hilton City Center
322 N Spokane Falls Ct.
Spokane, WA 99201
Tel: (509) 455-9600
During our stay in Spokane, we will enjoy the comforts of the Doubletree Inn City Center. Four nights of single-occupancy lodging are included in your workshop fee. Should you be traveling with a companion and would like to share accommodations, a double-occupancy discount will be provided. Should you need lodging the day prior to the workshop, we have secured a courtesy block of rooms that you may reserve by calling the hotel directly at 509-455-9600. This is not included in your workshop fee. Please note, if you are arriving by your own personal vehicle, the hotel has daily parking fees of $11, which is a discounted rate provided to our group.
If you are concerned about the possibility of canceling your trip we urge you to protect your workshop investment and purchase travel insurance. We strongly recommend that you purchase a travel insurance plan with a “Cancel for Any Reason” option. Many guests have last-minute injuries, emergencies, or life changes that can disrupt their plans only to wish they had a way to recoup their lost expenses.
There are a number of reputable companies that provide Travel Insurance. For a listing of providers, you can visit www.insuremytrip.com. AHPS has partnered with TravelEx Insurance Services over the years and has found them to be reputable and offer comprehensive plans at competitive prices. For more information visit www.travelexinsurance.
CANCELATION POLICY: All cancelations must be in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org
- 91 days or more prior to the start of the workshop your deposit will be refunded less $250
- 61-90 days your workshop fees will be refunded in the form of an AHPS Store Credit Voucher less $250 administrative fee. The remainder of the fees paid can be used toward a future workshop within 18 months of cancelation. The voucher is good for 18 months.
- 60 days or less until departure – No refund.
If we are able to fill your seat and the workshop runs at full enrollment we will refund your workshop fees less the $100 processing fee.
This cancellation policy applies in every situation and there will be no exceptions made for any reason. We will not issue refunds for cancelations due to illness or late arrivals due to travel delays.
Arizona Highways PhotoScapes reserves the right to cancel or change any workshop if our minimum enrollment is not met or if situations beyond our control arise that may create unsafe or undesirable travel conditions. Any cancelation or postponement as a result of situations beyond our control, AHPS does not promise any refunds or credits. If and when feasible, we will attempt to reschedule the workshop at a later date. Alternatively, we may decide to issue you credit for a future workshop, or issue a refund, less any non-refundable deposits we have paid to workshop providers on your behalf.
PAYMENT TERMS: A minimum deposit is due at registration to reserve your space. Please refer to the specific workshop for the required deposit. Final payments are due 90 days prior to departure. Approximately 15 days prior to the due date you will receive a reminder email that your balance is coming due. If final payments are not received by 70 days prior to your workshop, your registration is subject to forfeiture including all fees paid to date.
If registering within 90 days of your workshop, full payment is due at the time of registration.