Experience the Seasons of Sedona when stunning fall foliage – maples, Gabel oaks, alders, sycamores, vines, and grasses – come into full seasonal splendor and are juxtaposed against towering cliffs of orange and tan sandstone along stunning Oak Creek. What could be more perfect?
Join NAU photography instructor Amy Horn for four days as we shoot waterfalls at Slide Rock State Park, reflections along spectacular Oak Creek, and experience the unparalleled beauty of Sedona. At sunset, we’ll capture Sedona’s signature Cathedral Rock softly caressed by the last light of the day at Red Rock Crossing.
Amy will instruct you on how to capture tricky compositional challenges of chaotic fall color and how to use light and contrasting colors in capturing beautiful fall images. Learn how to use selective and infinite focus, polarizers, and long exposures, and how to make the right lens choices. With incredible photo opportunities each day, students will gain technical mastery of their cameras and see the fall landscape in new ways.
- Photographic instruction
- 3 Nights of single-occupancy lodging*
- Water, snacks, and a farewell dinner
- All applicable entrance, park, permit, and tour fees
- Post-workshop critique
Transportation from Sedona to shooting locations will be provided.
*If you are traveling with a companion and wish to share lodging, please make a note on your registration and we will apply a double-occupancy deduction to your final invoice.
Please be aware that the shooting locations stated in this itinerary may change. Each day we will determine which locations are best based on lighting and weather conditions. We want to give you the best possible photo opportunities.
– A sturdy tripod is essential! –
Day 1 – Thursday, October 19, 2023
- Meet at 12:00pm in Sedona for a presentation and workshop introduction.
- Mid-afternoon we will drive to our first location shoot.
Day 2 – Friday, October 20, 2023
- Early rise for our first sunrise in Sedona and field instruction.
- Break for lunch and some downtime
- Mid-afternoon we’ll shoot: ‘Red Rocks & Water’ thru sunset.
Day 3 – Saturday, October 21, 2023
- Early rise for a second sunrise shoot and field instruction.
- Return to the conference room for a processing tutorial. (Bring your laptop!)
- Break for lunch at 11:30 am.
- Afternoon critique of workshop images.
- Sunset photoshoot and instruction.
Day 4 – Sunday, October 22, 2023
- Relaxed start for our final field session: ‘Canyons & Color’.
- Workshop concludes by noon.
Strenuous Rating: Moderate.
Short hikes on both maintained and non-maintained trail areas. Some scrambling on rocks and over water. Rocks can be very slippery so caution is required. Sturdy shoes or hiking boots recommended.
Lodging During the Workshop
Sedona Hampton Inn
1800 West Hwy 89
Sedona, Arizona 86336
Three nights of single-occupancy lodging are included at the Sedona Hampton Inn for this workshop. If you are not staying at the Hampton Inn, please be sure to arrive by 11:45 am on Thursday, October 19thth for our 12:00pm orientation and meet and greet. If you would like to arrive the night prior, please contact the hotel directly to arrange for that reservation personally.
If you are concerned about the possibility of canceling your trip we urge you to protect your workshop investment and purchase travel insurance. We strongly recommend that you purchase a travel insurance plan with a “Cancel for Any Reason” option. Many guests have last-minute injuries, emergencies, or life changes that can disrupt their plans only to wish they had a way to recoup their lost expenses.
There are a number of reputable companies that provide Travel Insurance. For a listing of providers, you can visit www.insuremytrip.com. AHPS has partnered with TravelEx Insurance Services over the years and has found them to be reputable and offer comprehensive plans at competitive prices. For more information visit www.travelexinsurance.
CANCELATION POLICY: All cancelations must be in writing to email@example.com
- 91 days or more prior to the start of the workshop your deposit will be refunded less $250.
- 61-90 days your workshop fees will be refunded in the form of an AHPS Store Credit Voucher less a $250 administrative fee. The remainder of the fees paid can be used toward a future workshop within 18 months of cancelation. The voucher is good for 18 months.
- 60 days or less until departure – No refund.
If we are able to fill your seat and the workshop runs at full enrollment we will refund your workshop fees less the $100 processing fee.
This cancellation policy applies in every situation and there will be no exceptions made for any reason. We will not issue refunds for cancelations due to illness or late arrivals due to travel delays.
Arizona Highways PhotoScapes reserves the right to cancel or change any workshop if our minimum enrollment is not met or if situations beyond our control arise that may create unsafe or undesirable travel conditions. Any cancelation or postponement as a result of situations beyond our control, AHPS does not promise any refunds or credits. If and when feasible, we will attempt to reschedule the workshop at a later date. Alternatively, we may decide to issue you credit for a future workshop, or issue a refund, less any non-refundable deposits we have paid to workshop providers on your behalf.
PAYMENT TERMS: A minimum deposit is due at registration to reserve your space. Please refer to the specific workshop for the required deposit. Final payments are due 90 days prior to departure. Approximately 15 days prior to the due date you will receive a reminder email that your balance is coming due. If final payments are not received by 70 days prior to your workshop, your registration is subject to forfeiture including all fees paid to date.
If registering within 90 days of your workshop, full payment is due at the time of registration.