Experience the Seasons of Sedona when stunning fall foliage – maples, gambol oaks, alders, sycamores, vines and grasses – come into full seasonal splendor and are juxtaposed against towering cliffs of orange and tan sandstone along stunning Oak Creek. What could be more perfect?
Join NAU photography instructor Amy Horn for four days as we shoot waterfalls at Slide Rock State Park, reflections along spectacular Oak Creek and experience the unparalleled beauty of Sedona. At sunset, we’ll capture Sedona’s signature Cathedral Rock softly caressed by the last light of the day at Red Rock Crossing.
Amy will instruct you on how to capture tricky compositional challenges of chaotic fall color and how to use light and contrasting colors in capturing beautiful fall images. Learn how to use selective and infinite focus, polarizers and long exposures, and how to make the right lens choices. With incredible photo opportunities each day, students will gain technical mastery of their cameras and see the fall landscape in new ways.
- Photographic instruction
- Lodging based on Single Occupancy.
- Water, snacks, and a farewell dinner
- All applicable entrance, model, park, permit, and tour fees
- Post-workshop critique
Please be aware that the shooting locations stated in this itinerary may change. Each day we will determine which locations are best based on lighting and weather conditions. We want to give you the best possible photo opportunities.
– A sturdy tripod is essential! –
Day 1 – Thursday, October 21, 2021
- Meet at 12:00pm in Sedona for a presentation and workshop introduction.
- Mid-afternoon we will drive to our first location shoot.
Day 2 – Friday, October 22, 2021
- Early rise for our first sunrise in Sedona and field instruction.
- Break for lunch and some down time
- Mid-afternoon we’ll shoot: ‘Red Rocks & Water’ thru sunset.
Day 3 – Saturday, October 23, 2021
- Early rise for a second sunrise shoot and field instruction.
- Return to the conference room for processing tutorial. (Bring your laptop!)
- Break for lunch at 11:30 am.
- Afternoon critique of workshop images.
- Sunset photoshoot and instruction.
Day 4 – Sunday, October 24, 2021
- Relaxed start for our final field session: ‘Canyons & Color’.
- Workshop concludes by noon.
Strenuous Rating: Moderate.
Short hikes on both maintained and non-maintained trail areas. Some scrambling on rocks and over water. Rocks can be very slippery so caution is required. Sturdy shoes or hiking boots recommended.
Lodging During the Workshop
Sedona Hampton Inn
1800 West Hwy 89
Sedona, Arizona 86336
Three nights single lodging is included at the Sedona Hampton Inn for this workshop. If you are not staying at the Hampton Inn, please be sure to arrive by 11:45am on Thursday, October 21st for our 12:00pm orientation and meet and greet.
- 91 days or more prior to the start of the workshop your deposit will be refunded less $100
- 90 days full payment is due
- 61-90 days your workshop fees will be refunded in the form of an AHPS Store Credit Voucher less $100 administrative fee. The voucher is good for 18 months.
- * 60 days or less until departure – No refund.
* If we are able to fill your seat and the workshop runs at full enrollment we will refund your workshop fees less the $100 administrative fee.
NOTE: Workshop bookings including, but not limited to, outfitters, permit agencies, lodging and more are requiring firm financial commitments at 90 days. Therefore, in order to continue to bring you to great destinations, we must strictly adhere to our cancellation policy as outlined above. We recognize cancellations can sometimes be unavoidable that is why securing a Travel Protection Plan is highly encouraged.
Arizona Highways PhotoScapes reserves the right to cancel or change any workshop if our minimum enrollment is not met or if situations beyond our control arise that may create unsafe or undesirable travel conditions. Any cancelation or postponement as a result of situations beyond our control, AHPS does not promise any refunds or credits. If and when feasible, we will attempt to reschedule the workshop at a later date. Alternatively, we may decide to issue you credit for a future workshop, or issue a refund, less any non-refundable deposits we have paid to workshop providers on your behalf.
Please note that AHPS is not liable for any additional participant expenses incurred such as airfare, hotel accommodations, or any other components booked outside of the workshop.
PAYMENT TERMS: A minimum deposit is due at registration to reserve your space. Please refer to the specific workshop for the required deposit. Final payments are due 90 days prior to departure. Approximately 15 days prior to the due date you will receive a reminder email that your balance is coming due.