Welcome to the Women’s Photo Retreat in San Diego, California. Since 2011, AHPS Women’s Photo Retreats have encouraged women photographers, both young and mature, novice and expert, to come together in a learning environment. This four-day workshop in San Diego will take advantage of warm light, moderate temperatures, and scenic locations. Known for its extensive beaches, surfers, and Spanish history, San Diego offers a variety of photographic opportunities.
An expert in photography education, Amy will challenge you at some of the most photogenic spots in this area. From birds in flight to sunsets by the pier, we will capture the relaxing waves and macro details on the coast. Experience the supportive environment of an all-women group as we follow the light and find our own unique approach to capturing a photograph.
- Pre-workshop webinar
- 4 nights single occupancy lodging
- Round trip transportation in San Diego
- Permits and entrance fees
- Water, snacks, and a group meal
- In-field image critiques
- Post-workshop critique
Please be aware that the shooting locations stated in this itinerary may change. Each day we will determine which locations are best based on lighting and weather conditions. We want to give you the best photo opportunities.
Day 1: Thursday – Sept 22, 2022
- We will meet in the hotel lobby for an early morning sunrise along the bay with boat reflections and downtown buildings.
- Return to the hotel for breakfast and then off to photograph a lighthouse, coastal views, and birds in flight.
- After an early dinner, we will catch afternoon light at one of San Diego’s beautiful beaches with surfers and pier sunset views.
Day Two: Friday, Sept 23, 2022
- Early morning sunrise at another beautiful beach and a walk around the harbor looking for reflections.
- Brunch on our way to Balboa Park to photograph unique architectural features, flowers, and the Spanish Village.
- Early afternoon we will return to our hotel for download and image feedback.
- Early dinner on Coronado Island
- For sunset, we will photograph San Diego at night from Coronado Island
Day Three: Saturday, Sept 24, 2022
- At sunrise, we will photograph views of San Diego’s bayside harbor and downtown buildings
- Then we will head up the coast to La Jolla to take in seals, sea lions, seagulls, and crashing waves.
- Brunch in La Jolla
- Return to the hotel for time to unwind, download, and a short image feedback session.
- Afternoon light at one of San Diego’s beautiful beaches
- Dinner and an evening shoot of San Diego at night.
Day Four: Sunday, Sept 25, 2022
- We will make a quick stop to take in the murals at Chicano Park on our way back to the hotel
- Breakfast and checkout
- 11:00 am – 1 pm Critique
- 2 pm workshop ends
Physical Rating: Easy-Moderate.
Short walks along boardwalks, beaches, and locations about San Diego.
Lodging During the Workshop
Four nights of single-occupancy lodging is included in the workshop fee beginning on September 21st, the night prior to the workshop. Anyone wishing to share accommodations, please advise our office and a double occupancy deduction will be provided. Anyone driving their own vehicle to the hotel, please be advised that there is a $18/day self-park fee.
TRAVEL INSURANCE IS RECOMMENDED
- 91 days or more prior to the start of the workshop your deposit will be refunded less $100
- 90 days full payment is due
- 61-90 days your workshop fees will be refunded in the form of an AHPS Store Credit Voucher less $100 administrative fee. The voucher is good for 18 months.
- * 60 days or less until departure – No refund.
* If we are able to fill your seat and the workshop runs at full enrollment we will refund your workshop fees less $100 administrative fee.
NOTE: Workshop bookings including, but not limited to, outfitters, permit agencies, lodging and more are requiring firm financial commitments at 90 days. Therefore, in order to continue to bring you to great destinations, we must strictly adhere to our cancellation policy as outlined above. We recognize cancellations can sometimes be unavoidable that is why securing a Travel Protection Plan is highly encouraged.
Arizona Highways PhotoScapes reserves the right to cancel or change any workshop if our minimum enrollment is not met or if situations beyond our control arise that may create unsafe or undesirable travel conditions. Any cancelation or postponement as a result of situations beyond our control, AHPS does not promise any refunds or credits. If and when feasible, we will attempt to reschedule the workshop at a later date. Alternatively, we may decide to issue you credit for a future workshop, or issue a refund, less any non-refundable deposits we have paid to workshop providers on your behalf.
Please note that AHPS is not liable for any additional participant expenses incurred such as airfare, hotel accommodations, or any other components booked outside of the workshop.
PAYMENT TERMS: A minimum deposit is due at registration to reserve your space. Please refer to the specific workshop for the required deposit. Final payments are due 90 days prior to departure. Approximately 15 days prior to the due date you will receive a reminder email that your balance is coming due.