Our Photoshop classes are specifically designed for the digital photographer – in this introductory hands-on workshop, you will use your own laptop and software to learn the basics of photographic post-production workflow using Adobe Photoshop. Basic non-destructive, editable adjustments of images will be covered for overall as well as local adjustments. File format, color space, and the visual aesthetics of adjusted photos will also be discussed.
During this class you will have an opportunity to learn Tom’s work flow techniques using provided images so the entire class is working step-by-step on the same image. The afternoon will offer lab time to work on your own individual images that you brought to class.
By the end of the day you will have a grasp on basic Photoshop post-processing techniques.
Students must bring a laptop with the latest version of Adobe Photoshop & Adobe Bridge. Photoshop Elements will not be suitable for this class.
Saturday, March 28, 2020
- We will begin the morning with Photoshop basics including how to open & save files, as well as learning the basic Photoshop interface including tools and panels.
- Then we will launch into working in Photoshop layers
- With an understanding of layers we will move into basic overall photo adjustments
- We will review the importance of understanding tonal range and when to select 16 bit RAW vs 8 bit jpg
- Lunch (included)
- Our afternoon will be spent learning and working on targeted adjustments using layer masks
- After a thorough lesson in adjustments we will spend the last two hours of class as lab time for one-on-one instruction on practicing adjustments on your own photos and/or photos that we will provided.
Strenuous Rating: Easy
Classroom based workshop. Temperature can vary so please be comfortable and bring a sweater.
The workshop will be held:
University of Phoenix
4035 S. Riverpoint Parkway
The workshop will begin promptly at 9:00 a.m. Please arrive a few minutes early to locate the classroom and find a seat.
Arizona Highways PhotoScapes reserves the right to cancel any workshop if our minimum student enrollment is not met. In the event AHPS cancels a workshop, participants will be given the option to reschedule to a later date or receive a full refund for the workshop components booked directly with AHPS. Please Note: we are not liable for the additional expenses incurred such as airfare, hotel accommodations or any other components booked outside of the workshop.