Attention ladies! Are you ready to apply elements of design to your photographic compositions? If so, then join Amy Horn for a weekend of photography focusing on exposure, composition, color, and texture. With Amy’s love for teaching and thorough instruction on optimal camera settings, you will create intentional compositions in Arizona’s Rim Country.
The tall ponderosa pines and beautiful bodies of water of the Mogollon Rim will be our backdrop for this photo workshop. From our weekend base of Kohl’s Ranch, Amy will guide you on the elements of design (line, shape, form, texture) at several locations including lakes, creeks, and streams. She will assist you in creating simplified compositions while applying exposure and hyperfocal techniques to your scene.
Enjoy this small all-women group in practicing lessons and photo challenges in a safe, fun, and supportive environment.
- Workshop webinar orientation
- Field instruction and one-on-one review*
- Two nights lodging based on single occupancy
- water and snacks
- Infield critiques
- Post-workshop critique
The workshop is a self-drive workshop. Carpooling will be encouraged for ease of travel and for a smaller footprint in parking areas.
Webinar: educational presentation on photography tips, design elements, and filter usage.
Day 1 – Friday, May 13, 2022
- Group will meet at Kohl’s Ranch hotel at 10:00 am for an outdoor exercise photographing water with filters and close-up/macro subjects.
- The late afternoon light at Willow Springs Lake will give participants a great opportunity to search for design elements and practice using their gear.
- Return to Kohl’s Ranch.
Day 2 – Saturday, May 14, 2022
- We will depart early for Woods Canyon Lake to capture sunrise on the lake and hike along the Woods Canyon Lake Trail to photograph the area.
- The afternoon will include mastering our gear (tripods & filters) and design elements at the Tonto Fish Hatchery and along the Tonto Creek.
- For sunset, we will return to Woods Canyon Lake.
- Return to Kohl’s Ranch.
Day 3 – Sunday, May 15, 2022
- We will depart early to photograph several overlooks of the Mogollon Rim along with spring flowers and the surrounding forest.
- We’ll return to Kohl’s Ranch for breakfast and to photograph horses before our final critique and feedback
- Critique session 10:00 – 12:30.
- The workshop adjourns at 12:30 p.m.
Lodging during the workshop:
Kohl’s Ranch Lodge
202 S Kohl Ranch Lodge Rd
Tel: (928) 478-4211
This workshop will be based at Kohl’s Ranch Lodge outside of Payson. Two nights of single occupancy lodging is included in your workshop fee. If you require additional nights lodging you will need to contact the hotel directly.
- 91 days or more prior to the start of the workshop your deposit will be refunded less $100
- 90 days full payment is due
- 61-90 days your workshop fees will be refunded in the form of an AHPS Store Credit Voucher less $100 administrative fee. The voucher is good for 18 months.
- * 60 days or less until departure – No refund.
* If we are able to fill your seat and the workshop runs at full enrollment we will refund your workshop fees less the $100 administrative fee.
NOTE: Workshop bookings including, but not limited to, outfitters, permit agencies, lodging and more are requiring firm financial commitments at 90 days. Therefore, in order to continue to bring you to great destinations, we must strictly adhere to our cancellation policy as outlined above. We recognize cancellations can sometimes be unavoidable that is why securing a Travel Protection Plan is highly encouraged.
Arizona Highways PhotoScapes reserves the right to cancel or change any workshop if our minimum enrollment is not met or if situations beyond our control arise that may create unsafe or undesirable travel conditions. Any cancelation or postponement as a result of situations beyond our control, AHPS does not promise any refunds or credits. If and when feasible, we will attempt to reschedule the workshop at a later date. Alternatively, we may decide to issue you credit for a future workshop, or issue a refund, less any non-refundable deposits we have paid to workshop providers on your behalf.
Please note that AHPS is not liable for any additional participant expenses incurred such as airfare, hotel accommodations, or any other components booked outside of the workshop.
PAYMENT TERMS: A minimum deposit is due at registration to reserve your space. Please refer to the specific workshop for the required deposit. Final payments are due 90 days prior to departure. Approximately 15 days prior to the due date you will receive a reminder email that your balance is coming due.