Join us for this Macro Wildflowers photo workshop and spend the day capturing close-up and macro details at the Boyce Thompson Arboretum with Northern Arizona University’s Senior Lecturer, Amy Horn. Learn to easily capture Arizona’s spring flowers in a hands-on full day workshop. Your macro and close-up technique instruction will start with a pre-workshop webinar and continue the day of the workshop. Prior to the workshop, Amy will provide a webinar with demonstration of macro photography and then dedicate the day at the Arboretum to helping you capture the color of Arizona’s spring colors. Amy will provide on-the-spot image reviews in the field, and following the workshop she will conduct a post-workshop critique. A picnic lunch will be provided. Please indicate any dietary restrictions in your Health Questionnaire.
- Photographic instruction
- Entrance to Boyce Thompson Arboretum
- Picnic Lunch, water and snacks
- A hard copy of The Art of Macro Photography by Amy Horn & Bruce Taubert
- Pre-workshop webinar
- Post-workshop critique
Day 1 – Sunday, March 21, 2021
- Arrive in the parking lot at 7:45 am for introductions.
- We will begin in the gardens with a short demonstration of macro gear and techniques for success. Then Amy will assist you in photographing plants and flowers until our lunch break.
- At 1 pm, we will break for lunch and Amy will review images on the back of cameras before venturing back out in the gardens for another photo session.
- The workshop ends at 5pm.
Strenuous Rating: Moderate
The day will be spent walking the grounds of Boyce Thompson Arboretum on both paved and non-paved trails. It is important to stay hydrated as the temperatures could be warm.
Workshop will be based:
Boyce Thompson Arboretum
37615 E. Arboretum Way
Superior, Arizona 85173
Arizona Highways PhotoScapes reserves the right to cancel any workshop if our minimum student enrollment is not met. In the event AHPS cancels a workshop, participants will be given the option to reschedule to a later date or receive a full refund for the workshop components booked directly with AHPS. Please Note: we are not liable for the additional expenses incurred such as airfare, hotel accommodations or any other components booked outside of the workshop.