Spend the day capturing close-up and macro details at Flagstaff’s Arboretum with Northern Arizona University Senior Lecturer, Amy Horn. Learn to easily capture summer flowers in a full-day workshop (following CDC social distancing guidelines). Your macro and close-up technique instruction will start with a pre-workshop webinar and continue the day of the workshop.
At the Flagstaff Arboretum, Amy will offer a short demonstration of macro photography and then dedicate the day helping you capture Northern Arizona summer blooms. After lunch, we will venture back out into the gardens or to another Flagstaff location for an on-location flower photo session prior to ending at 5:00 pm.
- Photo instruction
- Picnic lunch
- Entrance fee to Arboretum
- Paperback copy of The Art of Macro Photography
- Pre-workshop webinar
- Post-workshop critique
Saturday, August 15, 2019
- Arrive in the parking lot of the Flagstaff Arboretum at 8:45 am for introductions.
- The morning will begin with a short demonstration of macro gear and techniques for success.
- Amy will work hands-on to assist in photographing plants and flowers throughout the Arboretum.
- During our lunch break, Amy will review images on your camera (at a distance) and offer feedback
- After lunch, the group will either return to the grounds of the Arboretum or travel to another Flagstaff location, depending on flower blossoms.
- Workshop ends at 5:00 pm.
This workshop takes place in Flagstaff with an elevation of approximately 6,900′. The Arboretum has dirt trails that are fairly flat. Other Flagstaff locations will be forested with wildflowers and will vary based on where the flowers are blooming.
Camera, one of: (macro lens, telephoto lens, or macro screw on filter), extension tubes (optional), tripod, cp filter and diffuser.
Workshop is Based:
4001 S Woody Mountain Rd
The workshop will begin at the Flagstaff Arboretum at 8:45 am. Depending on flower blooms, the group may move to alternate locations in the afternoon.
Arizona Highways PhotoScapes reserves the right to cancel any workshop if our minimum student enrollment is not met. In the event AHPS cancels a workshop, participants will be given the option to reschedule to a later date or receive a full refund for the workshop components booked directly with AHPS. Please Note: we are not liable for the additional expenses incurred such as airfare, hotel accommodations or any other components booked outside of the workshop.