Join photographer, author, and Northern Arizona University instructor, Amy Horn to master your skills at capturing macro wildflowers during this one-day workshop at Boyce Thompson Arboretum. Amy will begin her instruction with a pre-workshop webinar, reviewing gear and teaching you all the basics for capturing close-up and macro photography. She will conduct on-the-spot image reviews in the field, during a classroom session, and will conduct a post-workshop critique. A picnic lunch will be provided.
- Photographic instruction
- Entrance to Boyce Thompson Arboretum
- Picnic Lunch, water, and snacks
- Pre-workshop webinar
- Post-workshop critique
Day 1 – Saturday, March 18, 2023
- Arrive in the parking lot at 7:45 am for introductions.
- We will begin in the gardens with a short demonstration of macro gear and techniques for success. Then Amy will assist you in photographing plants and flowers until our lunch break.
- At 1 pm, we will break for a review of images in the classroom before venturing back out into the gardens for another photo session.
- The workshop ends at 5 pm.
Strenuous Rating: Moderate
The day will be spent walking the grounds of Boyce Thompson Arboretum on both paved and non-paved trails. It is important to stay hydrated as the temperatures could be warm.
The workshop will be based at:
Boyce Thompson Arboretum
37615 E. Arboretum Way
Superior, Arizona 85173
Arizona Highways PhotoScapes reserves the right to cancel any workshop if our minimum student enrollment is not met. In the event AHPS cancels a workshop, participants will be given the option to reschedule to a later date or receive a full refund for the workshop components booked directly with AHPS. Please Note: we are not liable for the additional expenses incurred such as airfare, hotel accommodations or any other components booked outside of the workshop.