Grab your iPhone and join instructor Amy Horn for medieval mayhem at the Renaissance Festival and Artisan Marketplace. This Arizona iPhone photography workshop will focus on mobile photography and how the iPhone is a fantastic tool for traveling light. We will capture the colors and details of people, costumes, food and fun without carrying a heavy camera bag. Bring an additional lens, if you like, and a shutter trigger to enhance your photographic vision. Throughout the day, Amy will work hands-on with the group to enhance their learning of different apps and camera settings. Registration deadline on March 13th, 2019.
Whether we are stopping motion of jousters or framing the perfect photo of a jester, you will gain tips and tricks for different scenarios. Prior to the workshop, Amy will host a webinar to discuss recommended apps and how to use them. Rides, games, masks, costumes,musicians, jewelry, and armor are all on the agenda for this fun filled workshop. At the end of the day, there will be a short image share to highlight the creative vision of all participants.
- Photographic instruction
- Festival admission
- Pre-workshop webinar
- Post-workshop critique
Lunch is on your own
Week of Workshop
- Pre-workshop webinar will be held
Sunday, March 24
- Pre-workshop orientation will be held at 8am in the Bashas cafe located at 5310 S Superstition Mountain Dr in Gold Canyon. Participants will have an opportunity to grab a coffee and muffin and review the apps and settings discussed in the webinar.
- The group will then depart for the festival at 8:45am. Parking gate opens at 9am. Expect traffic congestion on Hwy 60 toward the festival entrance.
- The Festival opens at 10am. The group will convene near the gate entrance at 9:30am to capture the royalty procession to mark the opening of the festival.
- Our group will reconvene at lunch to review photos and address any questions.
- We will then continue to walk the festival and photograph the medieval mayhem.
- At the end of our day we will meet again and have participants air drop photos to Amy’s ipad for review and critique.
The workshop will be based at:
Arizona Highways PhotoScapes reserves the right to cancel any workshop if our minimum student enrollment is not met. In the event AHPS cancels a workshop, participants will be given the option to reschedule to a later date or receive a full refund for the workshop components booked directly with AHPS. Please Note: we are not liable for the additional expenses incurred such as airfare, hotel accommodations or any other components booked outside of the workshop.