- Photographic instruction
- 3 nights lodging based on single occupancy*
- Round trip transportation from Phoenix**
- Water, snacks and a group meal
- Entrance fees and park permits
- Post-workshop critique
*Double occupancy permitted for two participants traveling together. A discount will be provided.
**Group transportation is included in the workshop fee with a maximum of 5 passengers per vehicle. Should COVID pandemic concerns continue to warrant self-driving, your workshop fee will be adjusted accordingly.
Please be aware that shooting locations stated in this itinerary may change. Each day we will determine which locations are best based on light and weather. We want to give you the best photo opportunities possible.
Day 1: Thursday, August 26, 2021
- Depart Phoenix at 8:00 am from the Holiday Inn & Suites Phoenix Airport.
- As the group drives north on I-17, we will make our first photo stop at Montezuma Castle.
- Continuing on to Sedona, we will stop for a shoot at Bell Rock.
- Stopping in Sedona for lunch, Kerrick will show samples and details about our trip.
- Following lunch, we will shoot at Red Rock Crossing, then drive to Flagstaff.
- Mid-afternoon we will check into our hotel leave our luggage and head out to shoot Sunset Crater and the Wupatki loop in the late afternoon light.
- Return to town for dinner.
- Overnight in Flagstaff.
Day 2: Friday, August 27, 2021
- After breakfast, we will depart for Monument Valley.
- Following a lunch break at Gouldings, we will drop our luggage and head out for afternoon shooting in the Valley and of Teardrop Arch with Guides.
- Upon our return, we will check into our lodging at Gouldings.
- Following a dinner break, we will take in the late light to photograph the Mittens, hopefully with big fluffy white clouds.
Day 3: Saturday, August 28, 2021
- We will begin our day with an early guided tour to the Totem Pole area for sunrise.
- Back at Goulding’s the group will enjoy breakfast followed by a critique and an infrared processing session of RAW files by Kerrick.
- Then we will depart for Canyon de Chelly for an afternoon guided tour in the canyons.
- Dinner and overnight in Chinle.
Day 4: Sunday, August 29, 2021
- Morning hike to White House Ruin.
- Return to hotel for breakfast and check-out.
- Drive south to Winslow and shoot along Route 66, (Wigwam teepees, Twin Arrows, etc.).
- Lunch in Winslow.
- Drive back to Phoenix.
The Workshop will Depart from / Return to:
Holiday Inn & Suites
3220 S. 48th Street
Phoenix, AZ 85034
Phone: (480) 543-1700
Pre-night and post-night rooms are available for workshop participants at our corporate rate. Participants are required to make their own reservations and pay for these dates. The corporate rate is only available on a space-available status and must be booked online. The corporate rate is not available by phone.
Lodging During the Workshop
We will spend our first overnight in Flagstaff at the Holiday Inn Express. All lodging is based on single occupancy.
1000 Trading Post Road
Monument Valley, Utah 84536
SPECIAL TERMS DURING COVID-19 PANDEMIC: Any 2021 workshop registration purchased between August 1, 2020, through December 31, 2020, will be entitled to a 100% refund up to 30 days prior to departure. Your final payment will also be extended to 30 days prior to the workshop.
- 91 days or more prior to the start of the workshop your deposit will be refunded less $100
- 90 days full payment is due
- 61-90 days your workshop fees will be refunded in the form of an AHPS Store Credit Voucher less $100 administrative fee. The voucher is good for 18 months.
- * 60 days or less until departure – No refund.
* If we are able to fill your seat and the workshop runs at full enrollment we will refund your workshop fees less $100 administrative fee.
NOTE: Workshop bookings including, but not limited to, outfitters, permit agencies, lodging and more are requiring firm financial commitments at 90 days. Therefore, in order to continue to bring you to great destinations, we must strictly adhere to our cancellation policy as outlined above. We recognize cancellations can some time be unavoidable that is why securing a Travel Protection Plan is highly encouraged.
Arizona Highways PhotoScapes reserves the right to cancel or change any workshop if our minimum enrollment is not met or if situations beyond our control arise that may create unsafe or undesirable travel conditions. Any cancelation or postponement as a result of situations beyond our control, AHPS does not promise any refunds or credits. If and when feasible, we will attempt to reschedule the workshop at a later date. Alternatively, we may decide to issue you credit for a future workshop, or issue a refund, less any non-refundable deposits we have paid to workshop providers on your behalf.
Please note that AHPS is not liable for any additional participant expenses incurred such as airfare, hotel accommodations, or any other components booked outside of the workshop.
PAYMENT TERMS: A minimum deposit is due at registration to reserve your space. Please refer to the specific workshop for the required deposit. Final payments are due 90 days prior to departure. Approximately 15 days prior to the due date you will receive a reminder email that your balance is coming due.