Spend the day capturing close-up and macro details at the Viola’s Flower Garden with Northern Arizona University Senior Lecturer, Amy Horn. Learn to easily capture summer flowers in a full-day workshop. Your macro and close-up technique instruction will start with a pre-workshop webinar and continue the day of the workshop.
At Viola’s, Amy will offer a short demonstration of macro photography and then dedicate the day to helping you capture summer blooms. After lunch, we will venture back out into the gardens for more flower photo sessions prior to ending at 5:00 pm.
- Pre-workshop webinar
- Photo instruction
- Picnic lunch
- Paperback copy of The Art of Macro Photography
- Post-workshop critique
Sunday, July 31, 2022
- Arrive in the parking lot at Viola’s Flower Garden at 8:45 am for introductions.
- The morning will begin with a short demonstration of macro gear and techniques for success.
- Amy will work hands-on to assist in photographing plants and flowers throughout the Garden.
- During our lunch break, Amy will review images on your camera (at a distance) and offer feedback
- After lunch, the group will return to the gardens for more flower blossoms.
- The workshop ends at 5:00 pm.
This workshop takes place in Flagstaff with an elevation of approximately 6,900′. The grounds at Viola’s Flower Garden are flat-maintained areas for easy walking.
Camera, one of: (macro lens, telephoto lens, or macro screw-on filter), extension tubes (optional), tripod, circular polarizer filter, and diffuser.
The workshop will be based:
Viola’s Flower Garden
610 S. State Route 89A
Flagstaff, AZ 86005
Arizona Highways PhotoScapes reserves the right to cancel any workshop if our minimum student enrollment is not met. In the event AHPS cancels a workshop, participants will be given the option to reschedule to a later date or receive a full refund for the workshop components booked directly with AHPS. Please Note: we are not liable for the additional expenses incurred such as airfare, hotel accommodations or any other components booked outside of the workshop.