Spend five days photographing spectacular scenes in Acadia National Park with photographer, Beth Ruggiero-York. During the workshop, our group will be based in the charming town of Bar Harbor, gateway to Acadia, with its ocean views and nautical ambiance.
During the workshop, there will be an abundance of photo opportunities including capturing fall color at all times of the day, shooting the beautiful woodland areas, rocky beaches, carriage bridges, and enjoying a night shoot on Cadillac Mountain, the tallest mountain in Acadia with amazing views.
Throughout the workshop, the group will have opportunities to improve their photography while shooting everything from vivid sunrises and sunsets to macro shooting, long exposures, and intimate landscapes. Join us in Acadia for what will be one of your most memorable photo experiences.
- Photography instruction
- Four nights lodging based on single occupancy*
- Round trip transportation from Portland, ME
- Water, snacks, a picnic lunch, and a group dinner
- Park permit and entrance fees
- Post-workshop critiques
*Double occupancy permitted for two participants traveling together. A discount will be provided.
Please be aware that shooting locations stated in this itinerary may change. Each day we will determine which locations are best based on lighting and weather conditions. We want to give you the best possible photo opportunities.
Day 1 – Monday, October 10, 2022
- Depart Portland for Bar Harbor, Maine.
- Break for lunch prior to arrival at the hotel.
- The group will meet in the hotel conference room for an orientation with Beth Ruggiero-York.
- Mid-afternoon the group will check in to their hotel rooms
- Late afternoon the group will depart for the afternoon and sunset shoot at Jordan Pond.
Day 2 – Tuesday, October 11, 2022
- The group will begin the day with a sunrise shoot at Boulder Beach.
- After sunrise, we will continue along Ocean Drive to Thunder Hole to capture more fall color photo opportunities.
- Enjoy a picnic lunch before continuing on our way for more great photo stops.
- Our afternoon will be spent exploring and photographing Jordan Pond
- Late afternoon will we head up Cadillac Mountain for our sunset shoot.
- Return to town for dinner.
Day 3 – Wednesday, October 12, 2022
Sunrise shoot at Long Pond, a beautiful spot for reflections. After sunrise and breakfast, gather for a critique of your new images. Downtime in the afternoon in preparation for a night shoot on Cadillac Mountain.
Day 4 – Thursday, October 13, 2022
- Today, we’ll explore the historic carriage road and bridges at various locations.
- Return to town for lunch and image download.
- Early afternoon we will hold a critique session.
- In the late afternoon, we will head out to Eagle Lake for a sunset shoot.
- Farewell dinner.
Day 5 – Friday, October 14, 2022
- Our last morning will begin with a sunrise shoot at Bubble Pond.
- The group will return to the hotel to pack and check out.
- Before departing for our return trip we will have lunch in Bar Harbor.
- Return to Portland in the afternoon along US Rte. 1 (possible shooting if time allows).
- Workshop adjourns.
Physical Rating: Moderate
This workshop will involve long days and short hikes to shooting destinations. Participants should have solid stability and exercise caution when maneuvering across the rocky coastlines and beach areas.
The Workshop will Depart from / Return to:
Hilton Garden Inn
145 Jetport Blvd
Portland, ME 04102
Phone: (207) 828-1117
Pre-night and post-night rooms are available through a courtesy block with the hotel. Participants are required to make their own reservations and pay for these dates. The deadline to book under this courtesy block is September 18, 2022.
Lodging During the Workshop
Bar Harbor Regency
123 Eden Street
Bar Harbor, Maine 04609
Phone: (207) 288-9723
During our visit to Acadia National Park, participants will stay at the Bar Harbor Regency. This lodging is included in your workshop fee based on single occupancy. Double occupancy is permitted for two participants traveling together. A discount will be provided.
TRAVEL INSURANCE IS RECOMMENDED
- 91 days or more prior to the start of the workshop your deposit will be refunded less $100
- 90 days full payment is due
- 61-90 days your workshop fees will be refunded in the form of an AHPS Store Credit Voucher less $100 administrative fee. Voucher is good for 18 months.
- * 60 days or less until departure – No refund.
* If we are able to fill your seat and the workshop runs at full enrollment we will refund your workshop fees less $100 administrative fee.
NOTE: Workshop bookings including, but not limited to, outfitters, permit agencies, lodging and more are requiring firm financial commitments at 90 days. Therefore, in order to continue to bring you to great destinations, we must strictly adhere to our cancellation policy as outlined above. We recognize cancellations can sometimes be unavoidable that is why securing a Travel Protection Plan is highly encouraged.
Arizona Highways PhotoScapes reserves the right to cancel or change any workshop if our minimum enrollment is not met or if situations beyond our control arise that may create unsafe or undesirable travel conditions. Any cancelation or postponement as a result of situations beyond our control, AHPS does not promise any refunds or credits. If and when feasible, we will attempt to reschedule the workshop at a later date. Alternatively, we may decide to issue you credit for a future workshop, or issue a refund, less any non-refundable deposits we have paid to workshop providers on your behalf.
Please note that AHPS is not liable for any additional participant expenses incurred such as airfare, hotel accommodations, or any other components booked outside of the workshop.
PAYMENT TERMS: A minimum deposit is due at registration to reserve your space. Please refer to the specific workshop for the required deposit. Final payments are due 90 days prior to departure. Approximately 15 days prior to the due date you will receive a reminder email that your balance is coming due.