Quaint and quirky are words that commonly describe the town of Bisbee, Arizona which is why this is the perfect place for a photo workshop. An urban environment that offers photographic opportunities any direction you look.
During this workshop, we will walk through the streets and stairs of town to experience the quaint historic mining town of Bisbee. We will explore the art, architecture, cemetery and the Americana influence in the neighboring towns such as Lowell and Warren.
An expert in photography education, Northern Arizona University instructor, Amy Horn will challenge you at some of the most unique spots in this area. From bedposts to buildings, dusk to dawn, we will practice techniques that will push boundaries and improve your skills. This three-day, two-night workshop is the perfect recipe of peculiar and unpredictable image possibilities.
- Photographic instruction
- Two nights lodging based on Single Occupancy
- Water, snacks and a farewell dinner
- All applicable entrance, park, permit and tour fees
- Post workshop critique
*Participants will provide their own transportation. Car-pooling will be encouraged to minimize congestion and parking.
Please be aware that shooting locations stated in this itinerary may change. Each day we will determine which locations are best based on lighting and weather conditions. We want to give you the best possible photo opportunities.
Day 1 – Friday, November 15
- We will begin at 8am with an educational photographer’s presentation on what to expect in Bisbee and neighboring towns.
- Then we will take a step back in time as we capture architecture, historical districts and streets including the “Americana” of downtown Lowell and a quick stop at the Lavender Pit.
- Lunch in Lowell
- We will spend the afternoon, camera’s in hand, photographing late afternoon light of murals and architectural details from High Road to Bisbee’s Historic City Center on foot.
- Dinner in Bisbee
- Photograph night lights on Main Street before retiring to our hotel.
Day 2 – Saturday, November 16
- Early light at the Buddhist temple and then a visit to Bisbee’s historic Evergreen Cemetery.
- Breakfast and a short break for downloading images.
- We’ll meet for a Q&A of the previous day’s shoot and post-processing techniques to incorporate in the next field session
- Capture Bisbee streets, storefronts, and stairs in afternoon light.
- Farewell Dinner in Bisbee
- Optional opportunity of light painting in Lowell.
Day 3 – Sunday, November 17
- Our last morning, we will walk along OK Street and Brewery Gulch with early light capturing historic building details.
- Brunch in Bisbee
- Return to hotel to pack up and prepare for our final image critique.
- Workshop ends by 2pm.
Strenuous Rating: Moderate
Bisbee is a town nestled in bowl with steep canyon walls and lots of steps. Roads are narrow limiting the amount of driving access so this workshop will entail a lot of walking and stair-climbing.
Lodging during the workshop:
Copper Queen Hotel
11 Howell Ave
Bisbee, AZ 85603
During the workshop we will be based at the historic Copper Queen Hotel. Two nights lodging is included in your workshop fee. All lodging is based on single occupancy. Should you require an additional pre-workshop night please contact the hotel directly and mention you are traveling with Arizona Highways PhotoScapes.
- 90 days or more prior to the start of the workshop your deposit will be refunded less $100
- Between 89 and 61 days prior to the start of the workshop, AHPS will retain your full deposit.
- 60 days and fewer to the start of the workshop your entire workshop fee is retained.
Arizona Highways PhotoScapes reserves the right to cancel any workshop if our minimum student enrollment is not met. In the event AHPS cancels a workshop, participants will be given the option to reschedule to a later date or receive a full refund for the workshop components booked directly with AHPS. Please Note: we are not liable for the additional expenses incurred such as airfare, hotel accommodations or any other components booked outside of the workshop.
PAYMENT TERMS: A minimum deposit is due at registration to reserve your space. Please refer to the specific workshop for the required deposit. Final payments are due 60 days prior to departure. Approximately 15 days prior to the due date you will receive a reminder email that your balance is coming due.