- Photographic instruction & image critique
- 2 Nights Lodging at Anchorage Hotel*
- 3 Nights Lodging at Silver Salmon Creek Lodge (shared cabins only)
- All meals and beverages at Silver Salmon Creek Lodge
- Group dinner in Anchorage
- Pre-workshop webinar
- Post-workshop critique
*Lodging on the last day of the workshop has been included in your workshop fee in the event of flight delays leaving Silver Salmon Creek Lodge due to weather. Travel home should not be scheduled until the following day, August 10th.
Please be aware that shooting locations stated in this itinerary may change. Each day we will determine which locations are best based on light and weather conditions. We want to give you the best photo opportunities possible.
Day One – Saturday, August 5, 2023
- Meet at Anchorage hotel mid-afternoon for a meet-n-greet, orientation, and image critique.
- Welcome dinner.
Days Two – Four: Sunday-Tuesday, August 6 – 8, 2023
- Guided bear viewing throughout each day.
- Breaks for lunch, rest, and downloading during mid-day
Day Five – Wednesday, August 9, 2023
- Last morning at the lodge. Will pack our gear and head back to Anchorage.
- Lodging in Anchorage is included in the workshop fee.
Participants will be climbing in and out of open-air, padded trailers pulled by ATVs at the various shooting locations. Due to varied weather conditions, participants should be prepared with rain gear for self and camera. The lodge has a variety of mud boots available which can be necessary to wear in some of the tidal areas. Mosquitos may be prevalent so plan accordingly with topical sprays or netting.
Lodging During the Workshop
Courtyard by Marriott
4901 Spenard Rd
Anchorage, AK 99517
Phone: (907) 245-0322
The Courtyard by Marriott hotel will be our departure location for our bear excursion. Two nights of lodging are included in your workshop fee, for the nights of Saturday, August 5th, and the day the workshop returns to Anchorage on Wednesday, August 9th. Should you wish for additional nights of lodging, you will need to contact the hotel directly.
Silver Salmon Creek Lodge
We will be based for 3 nights at the Silver Salmon Creek Lodge. This lodge has multi-bedroom cabins which require shared lodging.
TRAVEL INSURANCE IS RECOMMENDED
CANCELATION POLICY: All cancelations must be in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org
- 120 days or more prior to the start of the workshop your deposit will be refunded less $500
- 91-119 days your workshop fees will be refunded in the form of an AHPS Store Credit Voucher less the $250 administrative fee. The remainder of the fees paid can be used toward a future workshop within 18 months of cancelation. The voucher is good for 18 months.
- 90 days or less until departure – No refund.
If we are able to fill your seat and the workshop runs at full enrollment we will refund your workshop fees less the $250 processing fee.
NOTE: Workshop bookings including, but are not limited to, outfitters, permit agencies, lodging, and more require firm financial commitments at 90 days. Therefore, in order to continue to bring you to great destinations, we must strictly adhere to our cancellation policy as outlined above. We recognize cancellations can sometimes be unavoidable which is why securing a Travel Protection Plan is highly encouraged.
Arizona Highways PhotoScapes reserves the right to cancel or change any workshop if our minimum enrollment is not met or if situations beyond our control arise that may create unsafe or undesirable travel conditions. Any cancelation or postponement as a result of situations beyond our control, AHPS does not promise any refunds or credits. If and when feasible, we will attempt to reschedule the workshop at a later date. Alternatively, we may decide to issue you credit for a future workshop, or issue a refund, less any non-refundable deposits we have paid to workshop providers on your behalf.
Please note that AHPS is not liable for any additional participant expenses incurred such as airfare, hotel accommodations, or any other components booked outside of the workshop.
PAYMENT TERMS: A minimum deposit is due at registration to reserve your space. Please refer to the specific workshop for the required deposit. Final payments are due 90 days prior to departure. Approximately 15 days prior to the due date you will receive a reminder email that your balance is coming due.