Go beyond the basics and join us for an intermediate Adobe Lightroom workshop as we take our learning a step further in the Lightroom 102 course with expert instructor, Suzanne Mathia and Arizona Highways PhotoScapes. Suzanne will dig deeper into this powerful image processing and digital asset management program that is designed to meet the needs of today’s digital photographers.
This class is designed for those who have taken Lightroom 101 or have used Lightroom, have a basic understanding of the various modules, and want to learn more. Suzanne shows how to master the nuances of Lightroom and maximize its efficiency. Learn advanced features, techniques and shortcuts to enhance and improve your current post-processing workflow.
Suzanne will start with a review of Lightroom, the catalog, importing and exporting, and how to keep track of photos, collections, keywords and presets. We will see where Photoshop and other outside editors fit into the Lightroom workflow. You will learn advanced development techniques, using the adjustment brush, auto masking and using graduated neutral density filter, and how to utilize the power of the various development sliders. Automating with presets, using plug-ins and extensions, exporting to email or an FTP server, creating slideshows, books and prints. will also be covered.
- New Features Summary
- RAW vs DNG
- Understanding and controlling White Balance
- The new AUTO features (auto is no longer a 4 letter word)
- The crop tool Aspect Ratios demystified
- Creating customized presets
- Healing and Cloning Tool
- Working with the Clarity and DeHaze
- Advanced dodge and burn
- Fixing chromatic aberration, lens corrections, spot removal
- Perspective Correction
- Syncing settings across multiple images
- Advanced retouching techniques, such as eye enhancements blemish reduction and skin softening
- Creative image enhancements Improving tone, color, and contrast
- Working with the new Luminance and Color Masking tools
- Face Recognition
- Adjusting hue, saturation, and lightness with the HSL controls
- Performing local edits using the adjustment brush with built in masking
- The magic of the Graduated Neutral Density Filter
- The Rad Radial
- Converting to black and white
- When to use plug ins and outside editors
- External Editing Preferences
- Working with color profiles
- Perfecting prints from Lightroom
- Photo collages and built in templates
- Exporting and publishing photos
- Set up Publish Services – Facebook Flickr Smug Mug, etc.
- Unleashing the power of quick collections, smart collections and target collections
- Renaming and re-ordering images
- Adding captions and titles to photos
- Customizing a slideshow layout
- Creating an impromptu slideshow
- Lightroom when you travel
- Merging and combining Catalogs
- Map Module and how to see exactly where your photos were taken
- GPS Date and Time corrections
- A Look at Books
By combining Adobe Lightroom Classic CC with Photoshop, you’ll learn to take full advantage of each program’s unique and specialized capabilities. Use Lightroom for photo organizing, sharing, and basic image enhancement. When you need more advanced retouching and editing features, learn how Lightroom and Photoshop work seamlessly together. Suzanne will show how to combine both programs. This class also will show you how to set up the two programs for maximum compatibility. The course then covers strategies for working with photos in a variety of formats, sending them from Lightroom to Photoshop to viewing and keeping the edited images in Lightroom.
- Prior to the workshop you will receive a link to download files to your laptop before the workshop begins.
The workshop will be held:
University of Phoenix
4035 S. Riverpoint Parkway
The workshop will begin promptly at 8:00 a.m. Please arrive a few minutes early to locate the classroom and find a seat.
Arizona Highways PhotoScapes reserves the right to cancel any workshop if our minimum student enrollment is not met. In the event AHPS cancels a workshop, participants will be given the option to reschedule to a later date or receive a full refund for the workshop components booked directly with AHPS. Please Note: we are not liable for the additional expenses incurred such as airfare, hotel accommodations or any other components booked outside of the workshop.